Wednesday 5 December 2012

Uh oh

I have gone a bit off the rails. Ok, a lot off the rails. I've been feeling kind of queasy lately, but, to be honest, that could be because I ate my way through a ridiculous amount of sweets.

I don't really know what's going on with me - I think I took the gain a bit harder than I should have. Rationally I know that if ive consumed less than I've burned then I'll lose weight, so the gain was just an anomaly. But, over-eaters are just looking for excuses, right? And that's an easy excuse. Oh and I'm just bored and still not sleeping well. I've done better today, I exercised, distracted myself with Christmas card writing, but, I still haven't been perfect. I'm super disappointed in myself. I felt like everything was going well and it was easy...and it was easy, I was in the habit and I didn't feel like it was a great effort. But now, it seems like a massive effort. So, I suppose I'll just have to make that effort until it feels easy again. I'll be fine.

4 comments:

  1. you WILL be fine... just brush off the last few days and start again... one gain in the big scheme of things doesnt matter and is normal! Trust me ( i have had so many little gains but am still on the right path). Just keep on going! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I feel much better today! I took my dog for a long walk and I've got a lot of calories left for my dinner, so feeling good! You're totally right - if I dwell on it I'm only going to make it worse...! x

      Delete
  2. It's a hard freaking month! The most wonderful time of the year is also the most difficult time of the year for weight control. Your doing good, and like Katherine said, were on the right path.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ack, I know. I do love Christmas too - I made chocolate treats for Christmas presents today and was super restrained about not eating anything as I went along! I'm just a bit annoyed that I've let myself slide at the beginning of December, when it's just me sitting at home eating, when I know starting next week there'll be social events where I'll probably be eating/drinking more, so, should really have been perfect this week!

      But, yes, totally - we're on the right path and I haven't thrown the towel in because of a couple of bad days and that's what's important! x

      Delete